Monday, April 26, 2010

Pia Toscano Sings All By Myself By Eric Carmen: (Video, Lyrics)


Pia Toscano Performed a Killer Version of All By Myself by Eric Carmen on the March 9, 2011 Edition of American Idol. Here is video of Eric Carmen's 'All By Myself'

Pia Toscano continued her run of strong performances with a version of Eric Carmen's 'All By Myself,' a song recorded by Toscano's idol, Celine Dion.

The Pia Toscano 'All By Myself' performance started off slow with Toscano showing off her low register. She later let her vocals fly with a huge finish that was followed by a standing ovation.

  • Pia Toscano 'I'll Stand By You' Video

Videos

Pia Toscano : All By Myself : American Idol Top 13

see larger video

sourced by NowPublic Staff





  • Pia Toscano : All By Myself : American Idol Top 13
  • Eric Carmen   All By Myself

Here is the Pia Toscano 'All By Myself' video along with video of Eric Carmen's 'All By Myself'

American Idol judges raved about the "All By Myself" performance.

Jennifer Lopez said, "I think a lot of people were wondering what you were going to do to top last week. There it is."

Randy Jackson said that American Idol contestants often falter when covering artists like Whitney Houston and Celine Dion, but said to Toscano:

"You have such a natural gift, that, dude, I love it. I'm in awe."

All By Myself was first a hit for Eric Carmen, who wrote and recorded the song in 1975. The song contains elements of Sergei Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2 in C minor, Op. 18.

Here are 'All By Myself' lyrics:

When I was young
I never needed anyone
And making love was just for fun
Those days are gone
Livin' alone
I think of all the friends I've known
When I dial the telephone
Nobody's home

All by myself
Don't wanna be
All by myself
Anymore

Hard to be sure
Sometimes I feel so insecure
And loves so distant and obscure
Remains the cure

All by myself
Don't wanna be
All by myself
Anymore
All by myself
Don't wanna live
All by myself
Anymore

When I was young
I never needed anyone
Making love was just for fun
Those days are gone

All by myself
Don't wanna be
All by myself
Anymore
All by myself
Don't wanna live
Oh
Don't wanna live
By myself, by myself
Anymore
By myself
Anymore
Oh
All by myself
Don't wanna live
I never, never, never
Needed anyone

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive